Who are you?
- My name is Erick Johnson. Hi! Welcome to my collection of Internety stuff
Why is your web page so ugly?
- Well... I'm an engineer - with the wish to be a designer but not the talent. So when I'm on my own in no mans land - this is as fancy as I get. However given a spec sheet from a real UI/UX designer I can build the crap out of it.
I was looking for "Cliffs of Dover". Is that you?
- No. But Eric Johnson is a fine guitarist, though not exactly my personal taste
Why shouldn't I leave your page right now?
- I don't know. Why did you come in the first place?
Can you offer me anything?
- I'm a very good software engineer. Do you need some software? I can offer you a webservice or maybe just some software related advice. I also am a good listener - you can send me your issues to one of the contact URLs above - that's a good way to get in touch with me.
What are standards?
Why are the letters in the headers changing colors?
- Because it feels happy :) You can also click each letter if you would like to help change it' color.
Who is that ridiculously cute baby half way down the page?
- That is my daughter, Nara Grace Johnson. Thank you for calling her ridiculously cute - I concur.
What is something you can't stand?
- I hate when marketting departments rebrand existing entities with new words and the world thinks it's something new - I call it the phenomena of new and improved. The examples I bitch about to my poor wife the most (God bless her for at least pretending to listen to me) are "The Cloud", "Web 2.0", and "Anything As a Service". I'm positive there are non Internet related examples, but I'm less tuned in there.
Random Assortment of Programming Stuff
- Marrian's reel with little Nara Easter Eggs. See the "reel" site. Get it?
- Marrian's first Mother's day gift
- My first open source patch
Ericks Fantasy Draft - This tool has saved me countless hours of pointless fantasy football draft research (although it took me about 6 hours to build). It uses a Ruleby decision engine to select my next fantasy draft players based on a player ranking system (me screen scraping espn.com) and the previous selections of the draft. It analyzes my team and selects the based available player for the slots I need filled. (Most of the time the server isn't running so the link probably doesn't work)
- Sproutcore IRC Archive
- Ruby Couch tools - When I first encountered couch db the couch app stuff was still in it's infancy and mildly broken. This is an interim port of the couch app functionality to ruby
- Digest auth - an implementation of the digest auth access mechanism for tutorial purposes from a blog post I wrote.
- If you use git, git-completion.bash is the most useful script you've never heard of, not because of the completions... because of the
Readings Worth The Time...